View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #162
AlpineGuerrilla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjackson View Post
So my question is, what would make a good video ride report. My ride report will likely consist of a video about 10 minutes in length embedded in the report, plus a couple of photos, a bit of kiss and tell (which I can't do on the video blog) and a bit of a report that is more about the bike and the experience that advriders will appreciate.
I think it's difficult to have a video only ride report. For me, videos are more like a supplement to the ride report. Most video reports tend to be long and boring, so keep it short and sweet! Less than 10 minutes with a few different camera angles and a story being told is great. But of course it CAN be a litte bit longer, but that requires a lot of work - both filming and cutting.
An example for a long, but never boring video report is "Driven" by ADV member Mundo Bravo:

I have a different approach, as I'm not as experienced with filming and telling a story. So I didn't record any talking and have pretty much only riding scenes. Here's the video I made this summer as a bonus to the ride report:

AlpineGuerrilla screwed with this post 12-25-2011 at 07:53 AM
AlpineGuerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote