View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #1035
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillypolack View Post
Perhaps. . . .for now. Once a watercooled G/S is out, what's the difference between a KTM or a GS besides the shaft drive? I'd wager there would be a considerable number of people doing serious looking once the H2O version is deployed.
The stalwart few, that never bothered purchasing a HP2E in the first place, but still revere it's image / memory, like a Porsche enthusiast's 959 garage poster, perhaps. Outside of that, I feel you're waxing poetically / lamenting generational change, for changes sake.

Some additional weight and technological sophistication, will not turn BMW's cash cow GS series, into a festooned roadie. It's not to say that for a few, the additional pounds won't interfere in hard core off road use, but those owners are still truly an extremely small percentage, of GS buyers.

The only thing a considerable number of people will be doing, when this bike is released, is lining up in droves to buy them. Feel free to pm me, if KTM's numbers go through the roof at the same time,
I'll buy you lunch.

996DL

996DL screwed with this post 12-27-2011 at 09:28 PM
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote