View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #1044
Ze_zaskar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Something that's now frequently mentioned is that many users end up doing what their vehicle makes them confortable to do so. In other words, the vehicle will influence the costumer's behavior.

Many KTM 950/990 do more off road because the bike encourages them to do so, they didn't bought the KTM because they did more off road. I also know many people who bought LR Defenders because of the style, and them ended being off road addicts.

It's obvious that someone who gets a new bike that's heavier/fragile/expensive (or simply looks like it is) will be doing less off road. Then the brand, with all its surveys understands that their users stay on the road and then releases the next model even less dirt friendly. And so goes on.

I remenber when Land Rover released the L322 RR, it was, effectively, the most off road capable Range Rover of all generations. Yet, buyers had many reservations and disconfort to put a spaceship in the mud and rocks. How did Land Rover understood the decline in off road use of the RR? That costumers didn't wanted or needed such a dirt worthy vehicle.
Get me?
Ze_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote