Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 05:33 AM   #22554
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,044
Got out twice over the holidays while visiting the family in VA. My little bro and his two mtb race buds dragged me around last Friday through an hour+ of mud, rocks, and leaves. These guys are podium finishers when they race. I was happy to be able to keep up in the easy sections, but the rest was just a slog to stay upright. Those low profile 29er knobs really suck in the mud. Then on Monday, lil bro and I went out to Carvins Cove and rode most of the good single track there. This trail system was a weekly thing for me when I lived in Roanoke, so it was therapeutic to relive the good old days for a couple of hours. However, the creek crossings were cold and deeper than I remember due to recent heavy rains. We had a good time even with the froze toes. Weather during both rides was in the mid 40s.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote