Thread: No stop USA
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #90
lineaway OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,451
Hi Mitch, I`m Bob R. Way to go on the win in the central r. series last year. You are correct that this should be an open discussion, instead of a private email.So now we are around the fire in good company,usually you probably have Dale M. David B and of course Rick L. all good riders, all common friends.
A little history of myself, first ute cup 1974, first national 1975 New York. Last national win was 2004 rd 3 at colorado. Why that win was important to me was I just bought a bike from Brian Behling 3 weeks prior , had been out 18 months to recover from knee surgery. Was 3rd for the day in support overall. Best feeling in the world after a dry spell of no riding.
I understand why you dislike the idea of `going back`. I also have always hated this foot down all day long. Going back seems to me the easiest way of removing this dreaded rule change. Now if the all day dab was corrected to a 3 it would come close to correcting the point spread. But to do so would put it back to the scorer again. So anything to keep the rules simple to understand to someone trying to score is a step better.
So I`m not some old geezer lookin` to go back to the good ole days. I want to see some points out of the bike draggers. Have you any good ideas on this. Also changeing this rule would help speed up time in the sections. Nothing I hate more is being in the `zone` and come around a corner to a 45 minute bottleneck.
That`s my whole gripe on the current rules. Please let us hear your thoughts, or I`m just loco.
P.S. When is the 2012 CRS schedule coming out or do you know it already? I might just come ride!
lineaway is offline   Reply With Quote