View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #73
barbsironbutt
Bungee Rancher

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
OK, this is getting out of hand.

I purchased a 4' x 7' utility trailer and mounted a few pressure-treated boards and a wheel chock to it. I'm not an advocate of trailering, but sometimes conditions are not good enough to ride in locally. Tonight is a prime example: snow, sleet, freezing rain, black ice, plagues of locusts and killing of the first born. However, the red-haired female contingent found she is 300 miles short of 20k this season, with a few days left and a full-time job. The trailer and the van left the dooryard tonight, will pick up her K75, trailer over to the coast in the morning, and attempt to wind things up to round numbers.

It's supposed to be balmy over there -- a high of 41, and gusts to 40 mph.

Some ladies just have big ovaries. She's a Mary Kay consultant, too.

Big ovaries or not, 20,011 miles in the 2011 riding season was completed with hours to spare on December 31st. It took trailering and riding in 3 states to find adequtely miserable, but safe, winter roads to complete it; but it's done. I did take pics in front of Tim Hortons in Brunswick, Maine, and also at Sebago Lake, but they're too blurry to bother posting (I suspect the lens was fogged in the 18 degrees).

With that, I have put the 2011 riding season to bed and am looking forward to 2012. I'm not a New Year's resolver, but I do have a few things I'd like to accomplish this season. I'd like to do a bun burner 1500 with the iron butt association, get certified to teach the MSF rider safety courses, and just ride, ride, ride.

Happy New Year fellow inmates! Ride safely and keep the adventures coming!