View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #23
oldmanriver1951
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
rednecks and bikers n big dang trucks

Had quite a few UDF moments, and all of them enjoyable. Riding home on a 25mph neighborhood street...and knowing that there were cops -a-plenty...I stayed the 25 per the sign.....Hear a big ol hi-road 4 wheeler pull up behind me, rev the engine, gun, brake, rev, gun brake...saw in the mirror that the truck was tricked out with 'teeth' made out of sheet metal. bumper about neck high to me...and figured...oh boy...bubba doesn't like doin' 25!

I waved him around, he refused...kept honking, revving, gunning...and I figured...this guy is a major jerk.....and was ready to just pull into the nearest driveway to get out of this guys line of sight.....Come to a light, stop and bubba hollers out to me..."pull over' in the parking lot...pull over!...I knew the bar, was more of a HD roughneck biker hang out, and was gauging my options...The day was clear, plenty of traffic, so I didn't feel 'too' threatened...so I pull into the lot. Bubba comes into the almost on 2 of his 4 big ol wheels...he jumps out and starts ranting.....but then I realize that he is actually saying...holy sh#$ dude...that is the most radical set of wheels I have ever seen...I gotta take a picture...can I take a picture?....Then the guys come out of the bar...bikers and such...and out come the phone cameras...taking shots of every little detail, asking questions...Then they insist on me coming into the bar for a brew...then a steak...then the fries...then another brew...in and out of the bar to talk about the bike...I was 3 hours late getting home and loved it! Still ride with some of the guys...but I'm always at the back of the pack...picking up parts that they drop along the road....don't cha know!!..lol