Originally Posted by ktm950se
Thanks for your comments!
Could you elaborate as to why you wouldn't use your 'Berg on an Alaska trip like 'Dog's and 'Weed's?
1) Because I own a WRR and it will run heated gear! It gets cold in them there hills.
2) Because my WRR has a 200 mile range....as is.
3) Because my WRR is a significantly better pack-mule, able to haul heavy loads, longs ways, with no worries.
4) Because my WRR can go 5,000+ miles without an oil change, if necessary.
5) Because my WRR motor was built for multi-hour, constant speed, long distance, high rpm, droning along pavement
5) Because my WRR has stereo tape, color TV, backseat bar, and reclining seat.
6) Because my WRR might commit suicide if I abandoned her so long. She needs to be stroked often
6-1/2) Because 10k, 20k, 50k just don't make any difference to my WRR.....she'd be no worse for the wear. I doubt I could say the same for my Berg. It'd be about a 20,000 mile roundtrip for me. That would probably exceed the intended useful life for the Berg, as a practical matter. But, you give it a go and keep us posted.
Bout time somebody did something really daring and exciting on a Berg!