View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #13
jphish
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 611
Ridden my brothers "wee", but never owned one. Have an 06' Girlie. A very underrated machine as per cost : value ratio. Got mine in 09' with 3K miles on the clock for $5,500. Have 20K now. I think the 'wee' is also a good value, proven machine & quite reliable...but no more so than the tigger. In performance dept - there is NO comparison. I ride mostly in the mountainous west - where getting around a semi on 2 lane hiways, going up hill, is a frequent...(and sometimes puckering!)...challenge. To do so with any margin of safety, (this is where HP / torque is your friend!) I'll take the Girlie any day. I don't want to be "hung out" in oncoming traffic lane any longer than absolutely necessary. I often ride fully loaded, with 80#'s of food / camping / fishing gear - no problems. The rear shock is sometimes cited as a weak link on the Girlies - but at just under 250#'s (rider & gear), I have no suspension issues. More than that (2 up)...I don't know. My Buell Uly (sold ) was the best canyon carving / passing 'beast' / camping mule I ever had, & GREAT 3 way adjustable suspension. (just not so good in dirt with marginal tire selection) But, the Tiger, even with less torque, still gets it done. The Girlie is a very well sorted & competent adventure machine, cant go wrong if ya buy right. Have an 800XC also - but still like the ol' Girlie too. Good luck -
jphish is offline   Reply With Quote