View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #19
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
Do you have any photos showing the light output of these?

Do they put any light on the ground or not so much?
Thanks for asking - These are DRL's and while they produce more than enough light to be seen by oncoming traffic in daylight (or in the dark), they dont really "project" light in any real quantity.

The advantages that they have is that they draw so little current they can be used on most any bike. Even those without batteries. They are very light weight (about 3.5 ounces) and easy to mount.

I first mounted them up on my old DR200 that I commuted on. The headlight on it sucked and I was looking for a way to make myself less invisible in traffic. These ran off the stator on that bike and did the trick as far as being "seen" was concerned. Since then, we changed the design a bit and added stainless steel nuts and bolts and the rest is history (so to speak)

I personally run with them on my DRZ (bolt right up where the reflectors were) and we've sold several of them to folks riding Dual Sports who ride in city traffic and on trails where the potential of an ATV coming the other way exsists

thanks again for asking.

-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote