View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #14
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,681
I thought the ADV (and Rally Raidio coverage in particular) was great. The F5 thread is hard to keep up with, but good nuggets in there. I wish there was something halfway in between the "cliff notes" thread and the F5 thread. There were lots of interesting tidbits and comments in the F5 thread that I didn't want to miss, but not enough in the cliff notes by comparison.

Seriously, I don't know how you guys are able to put so much effort, knowledge, creativity, and thought into what you do to bring the rest of us, virtually, to Dakar. It's incredible.

Re: RallyRaidio - that was absolutely my favourite for SURE. It would be great to have other privateers call in. Simon Pavey, for example, would be a good call in if he were running. The more Rally Raidio, the better!

The Eurosport coverage this year (especially according to my wife, a die-hard Dakar fan!), was worse than previous years. No Gerhardt wandering around the bivouac digging up stories, only the same helicopter shots time after time, with essentially NO coverage of privateers this year. Nobody out on stage actually shooting from the ground and getting stories in the field. Disappointing. That has nothing to do with the coverage here on ADV, but highlights how good it is here compared to Eurosport.

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote