View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #816
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
The foamies made by parkzone are some very nice flying planes, I started with a GWS baby tiger moth, then an Easy Star, then the Parkzone Corsair....bought the corsair when it came off the truck at the hobby store...so I have had it a few years now. I have the large VQ P-39, and the small planes in the series the Spad XIII, Nieuport 11 and DR1, they are all ARF's and very nice. Most complex plane is the Bonanza and it is full house with retracts, flaps and all. Once you get a good stable plane like the parkzone series and master those you can fly just about anything. I know people start off on those planes but it is not something I would suggest.

I just picked up a Sky Raider from Airfield in 800mm...I will let you all know how it goes after the big brown truck brings it if anyone is intrested.
I have been eyeballing that sky raider for the longest time! I was pretty happy with my airfield skytrainer up until Saturdays incident that ended it. At first I really didn't like the 800mm series due to the lack of retracts, then I figured they did look pretty cool.

Has anybody seen the Durafly series from hobbyking? They have some really good scale 6 channel warbirds that are 1100mm size. They just released a vampire EDF jet with retracts. They are all around $130 or so. Pretty cool planes. I think I want me one soon!