View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
adz_fh OP
RIder for the World

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugemoth View Post
AFAIK the only new underbone you can buy in the US is the Symba, but they are rare and I've never seen one on the road. The only underbones I ever see are old Honda Trail 90/110s.

I'm a big fan of the basic underbone design because they're rugged and highly efficient. Over the last 40+ years I've kept at least one old Trail 90 around and have put 5800 miles on the CT90/140 since last March. It takes a pounding on the trails nearly every day and keeps on going.

BTW My daughter has a 1965 Cub with a Lifan 110cc engine and my ex-wife who lives in Thailand has a Yamaha underbone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugemoth View Post
I'm a big fan of the basic underbone design because they're rugged and highly efficient. Over the last 40+ years I've kept at least one old Trail 90 around and have put 5800 miles on the CT90/140 since last March. It takes a pounding on the trails nearly every day and keeps on going.
IMO, They can be considered as "gas mileage champ".

Mine has a Yamaha T105 (called Vega R, the pic below), bought used from friend with about 64k kilometers (about 40k miles), still can go vigorously and get more than 1L/50 km (about 120 mpg) with constant 45 mph. Just replaced the piston set, and i want to modify it to use hand-actuated clutch. (

Anyway, Is Honda really want to bring the C-Series back to the U.S.?
Attached Images

adz_fh is offline   Reply With Quote