View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #849
I_FLY_LOW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saget View Post
Nice!! Have you used those OrangeRX receivers before? I just ordered a couple from Hobby King to try out. $19 for a 6-channel with a sattelite receiver. Way better than $90 for a Spektrum, if it works ok. Worth a try.
I haven't tried them, nor any Turnigy products.
This whole project is all about trying a bit of all the turnigy products, and the Orange receiver.
Depending on which of the zillion threads spread across RCGroups, and RCU, there's a even blend of love and hate for the Orange RX's.
I got the plane for "free" (won it at SEFF, so you know how free that is...), so I'm willing to sacrifice it in the name of testing, and shakedown.
I have a few other electric projects waiting in line to try, and if these prove to be good on the RV-9, I'll try them on the Rhapsody, next.

PS, I didnt know how big that speed controller was going to be.
It's rather large. Hopefully I can find enough room to tuck in out of the way.
They were out of the Sentry ESC's I wanted to try, as well as the Plush.

BTW, I ordered this batch of goodies 12-29-11, iirc, and tracked through Swiss Post, and received them (South Louisiana) yesterday.
I have another order I placed Jan 3, that appears to be tracking through Chinese post, or something of that nature. I see there was a notice left of it's delivery today. I'll have to get it tomorrow, when the post office opens.
I ordered a couple sets of Turnigy nano LiPo's from the USA warehouse, and they showed up in 2 or 3 days!
I hope they'll beef up thier USA inventory, because cheap, and fast is a great thing!

I_FLY_LOW screwed with this post 01-19-2012 at 02:36 PM
I_FLY_LOW is offline   Reply With Quote