View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #55
willis 2000
neo-quixote

Oddometer: 3,295
make it yours

My '95 R1100R was so bad I hated riding it. The seat pushed me into the tank. It has rubber bumpers at the rear and I cut them down to make the seat level. Problem solved. The ABS lights flashed all the time. I wired in a relay to stop this, now the ABS works.The bars were too high and close. Changed them to Renthal lows and it has a good riding position.The catalytic converter burned my feet, so I got aftermarket exhaust parts. The OE tires were too small, I replaced them with Metzelers that calibrated my speedo. The exhaust change dropped 18 lbs. Now, the handling's neutral, but I still have no power. I'm waiting for some ADV shit to fix the fuel injection. Ohlins shocks made it ride correctly for my weight. No wonder the wheels bend, the front shock had no damping, but the fine geometry made it difficult to discern. The rear shock was oversprung, and hammered on all bumps. It's much more controlled now. So, don't give up on bikes with flaws you hate, think about it, get advice. make it yours.

willis 2000 screwed with this post 01-19-2012 at 11:55 PM Reason: repetitive
willis 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote