View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #119
bmwrench
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Farmer View Post
Considering that there were supposedly only a handful on the line that were put together and sold in in 76 they occasionally come up over here. I can walk into any of our local Brit bike shops and ask for parts for a 76 and they'll know exactly what I'm talking about. The first question is always "Has it got a disk?" they only made 10 with a disk brake.

Just found another listed on an American site. You can see the black 10" drum brake clearly on this one.

From Bottom right on this page http://classicshack.com/Motorcycle_Photos_Triumph.html

They are lovely bikes just a little revvy. The one I restored has a polished and balanced crankshaft so is very smooth. it just doesn't seem right revving an old bike through to 7k but it loves it and goes very well. Faster than an R80 BMW and handles like it's on rails, the brakes are better than R80 brakes as well.

Theyre look to be the same spec as the 74's

We had the black brake backing plate, big tail light and chome fenders in '73. The '74s for the US were supposed to get the long megaphone-style mufflers.
bmwrench is offline   Reply With Quote