View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 PM   #113
kuyaoli
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
if the CRF250L would have been available a few years ago I would not have bought the CRF230L. Despite the fact that the CRF230L was a great little bike as mentioned earlier I used it also as a scooter with some dirt bike abilities, like off the pavement down the pavement and so. Since I was living in the Philippines for 5 years this was my daily commuter to work and go around. The quality of the CRF230L was far far above the local produced XR200, which started to rost after 6 month. The quality was really superior. But my CRF230L was build in Japan.

Since I moved to Thailand a few month ago I checked the availabilities of 250cc Dual Purpose bikes and the only one was the KLX250S FI which I bought. I am quite happy with that bike. But if the CRF250L would have been available I would have probably be bought the CRF. Never mind about the price difference, the KLX is priced around 4,850 USD. The CBR250 is only priced at around 3,800 USD. And I guess the CRF250 will be close to that price in Thailand.

As I heard the CRF250L is mainly produced for the Asian market. So if the bike will be available in the US or not and if - when is a big question.

Another thing why I think my choice of the KLX was the right one for now is that the CRF250 is a brandnew bike and it may hard to get some aftermarket accessories like a saddle, a rear rack or a muffler for it. And that is all available for the KLX.

So for now I think I am ok, evenso I always loved my little red one's from Honda. Also I could not resist having a red one again...

and of course for the KLX I was able to get a great comfortable Sargent seat and a great rear rack...

much better then the small original saddle

big difference

kuyaoli screwed with this post 01-23-2012 at 09:54 PM
kuyaoli is offline   Reply With Quote