Thread: 450cc ADV bikes
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #42
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,169
As is the case with most threads on this topic, the lack of well defined terms has sidetracked the discussion. Half the posters are advocating 450 D/S KTM's when the OP clearly asked for input on a 450 ADV bike.. those are two different animals. Without a doubt the 300-500 KTM's are the class leader for D/S bikes.. those bikes that can be ridden to trail in reasonable comfort and then kick ass on the single track or in the desert. However, I do not recall any ride reports on some taking their KTM 450 XC-W or EXC's from Alaska to Panama like folks regularly do on the WR-R?? I guess I want it all... a KTM 450 that will do the miles the WR-R will do, be able to carry 40-50lbs of camping gear, go 200-250 miles between fill ups, 3000 miles between oil changes, and last 50000-100000 miles... cant someone build me that bike

Of course the OP started the thread off poorly with his title wanting a 450 ADV bike and then discussing 450 D/S bikes... I would suggest those are two different bikes.