View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #37
CMASCR
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Tiger 955i

Just read through the thread. I've ridden a 2006 Tiger since I bought it new in 06. I live in Mississippi and don't use the bike for local (short) rides. I've taken two trips about 1000 miles into Mexico. Ridden across Donner pass in a blizard, cut through Colorado alone on dirt roads and trails and spent a couple of days chasing friends on GS 650s and a Wee Strom around fire trails in Idaho. The bike has been rock solid and great fun on road and off. Currently I'm in the middle of a major suspension overhaul and switching the cast wheels out to spoked wheels. I do have a custom skid plate ready to install but haven't attacked that yet. I run Happy Trail bags (panniers), ROX Risers, Some kind of crash bars I ordered from England and a corbin seat. (That comment about the stock seat being all day comfortable made me laugh). All that adds up to a little over 30,000 miles. I've replaced the chain and sprokets twice, Oil and filter every 3,000 or so miles, installed a K&N air filter and had the valves checked twice but no adjustments needed either time. I will be doing the valves when I get the bike back together this time. The bike is rock solid and runs out in the mountains like a sportbike. It's a blast to ride. It's not the perfect off-road bike (too tall, I'm 5'10" and has too much power) but I wouldn't trade it for a VStrom or GS anything. I like it and it has never had a mechanical issue. The engine is fantastic. I recommend the Tiger over the Strom anyday. I will say the Triumph 800 looks good though.
CMASCR is offline   Reply With Quote