View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #76
troyfromtexas OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
The Adventure Begins... Into The Amazon

I decided to travel to the Amazon. I had always envisioned that I would visit the Amazon from Brazil, but after talking with a few people I heard that it is more accessible, affordable and pristine to access it from Ecuador. Also, I plan to visit Brazil later in the year and hopefully I'll be able to make another excursion at that time. So instead of waiting until maņana (tomorrow), I thought to myself, there is no day like today (hoy).

My trip started with a short bus ride from Banos to a town called Ambato where I would connect with an overnight bus to Lago Agrio.

Pretty lujo (luxurious) this bus.

Like a disco ball on wheels. I watched a movie, then feel asleep. I awoke at about 5:30am just as we were arriving into Lago Agrio.

I was to meet my guide at the Hotel de Mario... me and a few other travelers as well. It seemed as if many tour companies use the Hotel de Mario as a meeting place.

At about 8am my guide Jorge showed up and said that we would wait a while, then leave at 9am for the selva (rain forrest).

Here is were the adventure begins. Click on the links to see stories from each day.

The Amazon Day 1

The Amazon Day 2

The Amazon Day 3

The Amazon Day 4

The Amazon Day 5

www.theadventurebegins.tv
2011 Suzuki DR650
troyfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote