View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 AM   #33
FlameDance OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Thanks for the high praise, everyone (even if one of the compliments seems a tad poisoned).

Hey Grumpy, let's ride together again. I enjoyed our trip last summer, lots. Just be aware that taking all these pictures require a lot of patience from my co-riders. It's one of the reasons to travel alone at times.

Back to Portugal for now, the weekend ain't over yet.

Sundays first sighting was a small chapel, very basic, somewhere deep in the woods:

A river in northern Portugal is the source of one of the most famous wines, though usually most people only know an afterproduct: The Port Wine. Often it is very sweet, I know many people that dislike Port because they believe there are only sweet variants ... definitely a misapprehension. A river coming from Spain ("El Duero") meanders through northern Portugal ("Douro") until it reaches the Atlantic at Porto. To me, a guy who has lived in one of germanies best wine regions for many years, the landscape amazingly resembled the Mosel and its wineyards. Quite a surprise, to encounter such similar views two thousand km southwest of my former home.

Ok, slight differences ...you wouldn't find such a boat at the Mosel. Last year I ordered an image printing company to print a 200 parts puzzle from the next image: XMas present for my small nieces. They love it. Not only is it a great picture, even more: Uncle Stephan created it especially for them, a unique puzzle that nobody else has. Exists only once in the whole world. Veery special.