View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 03:03 AM   #265
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,527
so the 27th of Decmber came around... figured that meant christmas was over so it was off to meet up with Paul (inmate Whitta.... who i was riding with when i took out the 'roo...or was it 'when the roo took me out' )

so west i headed and met Paul in Bachus Marsh.... a coffe, some fuel all round and a catchup chat and some air in tyres (after being acosted by a little old lady who wanted a hand to put fuel in her car... )

anyway...finally we were off out the back of the 'marsh and up the old favourite...blue gum track...

then down some side tracks...

a long rid down into a valley for smoko...

then after consulting the GPS....back up the way we came..

then off to another old favourite....

.not much water at the bottom....

then off down some smaller tracks... some trees didnt stop us...

let me rephrase that

Paul wasnt didgin the mud too much, the DRwas runnin light on tread...

we continued down.... the track ended up disapearing...... the DR needed the odd push to get back up (back tyre...) the 800 ran real well

anyway, we continued on our way...

we poped out at Trentham for a late luch... then on towards Castlemaine..

found some more good tracks

.stopped for another break and decided we needed to get a wrigle on... as we were meeting up with Phil (Philmeup...the guy who got his G650GS written of in Melbourne 6-7 months back) over at Maldon for a catchup..

a quick dash up to Pauls place to get his tent etc (and to oil my dry old chain) then down to Maldon for some beers, fish n chips, fire and a camp..

next day we all had to go our seperate ways... i fanged it down to a mates place in Ballarat for the night... then the next day back home to an early night..

the next morning it was up and changed the knobies out for the Anakies, then down to the postoffice and picked up a box...

then wacked the hard panniers and frame on the bike....

and then jumped on the bike again and....
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote