View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #63
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon View Post
Gators have a great class overall, but seemed to have trouble finishing strong. We struck out at every announcement ceremony today on espn. I guess I should be thankful for the 3 five stars and small army of four star guys we did sign. If Muschamp can do this every year, we'll be fine. However, the inability to close the deal when the heat is on worries me a little; especially considering the amount of playing time Muschamp could legitimately offer. I also wonder if we signed enough kids. I know the coaching staff was hoping for 30 and fell way short.
After the last two seasons, are you really surprised? I, for one, am pretty impressed that we were able to end up with a top 5 class. It probably helped that they had the ability to use the 'you can play right away' line without suppressing a laugh for a change. If we can put together a couple of good seasons, we'll get better in the recruiting game again. As for the 4* vs 5* argument, I tend to think statistically the numbers matter across the entire class, but individuals and the situation they're put into can affect their performance dramatically (John Brantley comes to mind). Great player, wrong system...
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote