View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 05:31 AM   #70
Fleece Johnson
Husky Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Bielema accuses Meyer of illegal recruiting tactics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tv.com View Post
MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema was asked Wednesday whether he had noticed any changes in recruiting in a Big Ten with new coach Urban Meyer now in charge at Ohio State.

Turns out, the answer is yes.

"There's a few things that happened early on I made people be aware of that I didn't want to see in this league that I had seen take place at other leagues," Bielema said on Wednesday. "Other recruiting tactics, other recruiting practices that are illegal. I was very up front and was very poignant to the fact. I actually reached out to Coach Meyer and shared my thoughts and concerns with him and the situation got rectified."

Bielema did not disclose any details.

The Buckeyes visit Wisconsin on Nov. 17, and there is no telling whether the two coaches will talk more in the meantime.

Two players who gave verbal commitments signed with other programs, including 6-foot-6 offensive tackle Kyle Dodson, an Ohio native who signed with Ohio State.

On Thursday, Bielema said that Wisconsin Athletic Director Barry Alverez will speak with Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany about Meyer’s recruiting methods.

Watch 10TV News and refresh 10TV.com for continuing Ohio State football coverage.

Edit: Link: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...ate-meyer.html
Maybe sour grapes? Maybe not.... We all know Bielema wouldn't do anything so crass....like go for two up by 30 in the 4th quarter or run up 80 some points on Indiana....

At any rate this matchup gets real interesting before ever playing a game.

Fleece Johnson screwed with this post 02-03-2012 at 05:54 AM
Fleece Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote