View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #43
FlameDance OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
A couple of impressions from Salamanca. You may have seen Salamanca and its Plaza Mayor in the 2008 movie "Vantage Point" ("8 Blickwinkel" in german).

During a concert ...

and after the stage has been ripped apart:

My bike in a bike parking lot next to Plaza Mayor:

Early morning when I went down from my room to buy the latest issue of "El Pais" the newspaper kiosk owner warned me to park my bike somewhere else: Big commotion, President Zapatero would come to speak and the police would clear away all cars in my street to make room for the presidents caravan. Including my bike. Funny, many people aready knew me ... neighbours, shop keepers, the police too .. whenever I passed those motorbike policemen that had shown me the KTM dealer on my first day they waved at me. Did I mention I like Salamanca?

Well ... except my fellow students. They seemed to have decided that I am too old to be considered their fellow. I tried to talk a few into accompanying me on my next weekend trip, one girl even had bikers clothes and a helmet as her father had dropped her off during his motorbike holiday ... to no avail, nobody would come along. Their loss, I believe, not mine: The next weekend turned out to be a great trip.