View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #2223
Parcero
Mundial

Oddometer: 520
While the romance of a long-term non-stop round-the-world trip is intoxicating, the reality is that not many people can do it due to time/money/logistics. I am thankful that I can rely on modern air travel to whisk me back to family and work (and then back to my bike) so that I can do a trip in stages. It's not the way I originally envisioned my trip, but it allows me to do it now, rather than wait until "I have the time," which might never happen.

Keep having fun and stay flexible with your plans, and enjoy the fact that you can be as flexible as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman View Post
My adventure is fluid. Looking at my Time and Money, and the Logistics ..... I have a few priorities one was riding in India, and hopefully China. Getting my bike there has lots of challenges, so I had always considered flying to India and renting a bike as one of my options. Since I am planning to spend extra time in South America..... It allows for tghe possibility to get to India during there summer season.....

I had come to terms that this journey does not need to be continuous. Talked with another long term rider about this, and there are times on the road that you get tired out, and need to take time staying in one place or returning home to regroup before continuing. No rules in how to do this kind of long distance travel, I have found that I will need a break somewhere along the trip.

We will all see what happens!

Light Dual Sport Fun in Michigan

R1200GS / KLR650 / XR400 / XR250 / 1950 Panhead
Parcero is offline   Reply With Quote