View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #785
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkgeiger View Post
I'll tell you who might buy it, a guy like me whose 68 and has ridden over 50 years and has severe nerve damage in his clutch hand. I'm having more and more trouble with my fingers locking straight so I can't pull the clutch. I realize I'm an unusual candidate but I'm going to have a look at the dtc model.
Twist and go is just a lot of fun, and it rules in the city. There is nothing magical about holding in the clutch at lights, no matter how easy the pull. Take a 300 mile jaunt, and you will have a lot less fatigue at the end of the day, no matter where you go.

I like both, I like to wind it out and row the gears personally, but how many people have really tried the twist and go, who say it's no good for this MC? I have a Jazz, good car, the motor is the smoothest 4 I've had from Honda, especially at idle. I expect the DCT works great in the bike, always lots of pull and keeps the revs low. I would think the manual pretty forgiving as you can shift anytime because it doesn't do anything more to run it up to red line.
scooterspirit is offline   Reply With Quote