View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
AlpineGuerrilla OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Russia-Scandinavia - solo riding for beginners

I've been dreaming of northern europe for quite a while. It's probably the closest place for me, where the population density isn't as crazy as in central Europe.

After returning from a 10 days trip with friends to southern France in 2010, I knew, the next trip has to be longer. And farther. I started planning a trip through Scandinavia. The beautiful Norwegian coast and the Nordkapp would be part of the route. Catch the ferry in Germany and head north to the Nordkapp and take your time to ride along the Norwegian coast. That was my initial idea.

Upon finding ADV in Winter 2010 I changed my mind a bit and wanted to include a different aspect to my trip. A friend of mine was in St. Petersburg and Murmansk a year earlier and I was amazed by his stories about the people and the landscapes. Oh, and the roads of course.

So the northbound route should be through Russia:

As my riding buddies were unavailable, I went on this trip alone, on my trusty Suzuki SV650S. Naturally, there's not a lot of pictures with me in it, so this is what I look like.

Having shot a lot of clips on my trip, I put this video together to show some impressions of the trip:

Still not convinced? Let's try again.

AlpineGuerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote