View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
AlpineGuerrilla OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
Your trip is giving me some ideas.... I always wanted to do a ride in Altai or Siberia, but I do not have enough vacation time for a long trip like that. Your route is possible in much shorter time - apparently, while still providing the adventure.
Yes, do it! Karelia and Murmansk region is incredibly beautiful, but is often overlooked. You can do a lot of offroad riding there. One day I will come back here and ride around with a dual-sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwalker View Post
any chance you could post the pictures in lower size, let's say 800 pixels wide? 1280 pixels wide does not display well unless you run the browser full-screen on a wide-screen monitor.
You're right, it's too big - I resized the pictures to 1024 width, 800px seems a bit small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale B.T. View Post
Great pics and enjoying your thoughts and how you are seeing this trip throught your eyes. Keep up the good effort, it is working.

Below is a link to my 1991 loop through some of the same counry as your trip, things have changed for the good I hope.

looking forward to more of your ride
ciao,gale
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572583
Thanks for the link, just started reading it. Looks a lot different than what I saw (and I'm not talking about the leather pants), I bet getting a visa was even crazier than it still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inbred View Post
Love what you've done. Congratulations on a great ride report. Love a sport-biker who's not afraid to pitch his tent in the wilds and cook camp food. Also love that you have a forest colored tent, perfect for stealth camping. There is some real soul here, no doubt.
I first ordered it in orange, but they were out of stock. Probably a good thing it's green, I pretty much only do stealth camping. Pitching the tent out in the nature is the best thing you can do. More about russian stealth camping later.
AlpineGuerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote