View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #42335
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis70 View Post
If not for the fact I was in the Auxilliry Security Forces(Basically Reserve Navy Police) at NAS Whidbey Island I would never have fired a gun in my entire time in the Navy. Normally you fired a 1911 with a .22 barrel installed at the indoor range in bootcamp but when I was going through it was being renovated. I think they stopped it all together now though.

I also did the practical weapons qualification course with the Mossberg 500 and Remington 700 I think it was. Was a timed course 3 minutes running from station to station. About the same distances. Included shooting from the hip and combat dry reloading. As I recall 00 Buck, which is what we fired had 11 pellets in it, and you fired 2 at each target and had to have 9 holes in each to pass, plus finish on time. Was fun, I like blowing up other people's money.
In 69 we went to Marine shooting range and shot m-1's and never saw a Pistol until I got in Crypto then we got an Axe and a 1911 that had not been shot in years but got cleaned every now and then...Im not even sure we had any ammo. Prob the Barney allotment of 1.
RIDE SAFE
May as well Laugh
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote