Originally Posted by Danger4u2
Are you considering it done? Or are there other items your still working on. More tweaks? May I ask why you used an 883 and didn't start with the 1200 sporty? You've done well, I like it.
No, its close but not quite done. Here's the list of remaining tweaks / components:
- Headlight mounting brackets - gets rid of the hose clamps-to-fork tubes mounting. On order
- Kickstand - The one i made is from another bike and lengthened. Im making a new one from scratch now that i designed
- Tweak the design of the front blinker brackets - so same blinkers front & rear can be used. Currently both different
- Anodize the rear rack, tool kit plate, and skid plate - clear anodize
- Paint the tank black w/ silver sides and top, and black scorpion logo & red letters "scorpion"
- And lastly, a 5.5 gal gas tank - Im on the wait list to have this made, but wont be done until later this year.
Then I will claim it "done". Im exhausted just thinking about it
I went with the 883 because I found a good deal on a clean one. If I would have found a nice 1200 when i was looking, I would have bought it instead.