View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
bdarling OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 413
9 Big Bike-Friendly Days in Southern Utah - May 26 - June 2, 2012

Hi everybody! I'm reviving my Southern Utah ride thread, now with more details!

The Route:

The idea behind this ride is to give Southern Utah the time it deserves. I have picked a collection of routes that showcase some of the best terrain and sights this area has to offer. I've organized the days to allow riders to hop in mid-trip and still have an amazing experience. This is not going to be a hardcore off road dash across the state, rather a slow and steady absorption of the region.

Day 1 - Saturday, May 26: San Diego to Williams, AZ - 480 miles of superslab
Day 2 - Sunday, May 27: Williams to Valley of the Gods - 250 miles, camping in the valley or at Natural Bridges (another 40 miles)
Day 3 - Monday, May 28: Explore (hike) Natural Bridges
Day 4 - Tuesday, May 29: Valley of the Gods or Natural Bridges National Monument to Bryce Canyon - 200 miles, camping in Bryce
Day 5 - Wednesday, May 30 (Mid-week meetup): Explore Bryce
Day 6 - Thursday, May 24: Explore Escalante area (maybe try Hole In The Rock Trail)
Day 7 - Friday, May 31: Bryce to Zion and explore Zion Mesa - 93 miles
Day 8 - Saturday, June 1: Zion to Las Vegas - 170 miles, stay in a hotel and explore Red Rock Canyon
Day 9 - Sunday, June 2: Las Vegas to San Diego

I'm still figuring out all of the camping options and tweaking the route. I want to see Capitol Reef, so I may modify the route to squeeze it in after the Burr Trail.

The "In" List:
1. Blake - R1100GS
2. Roundtripper
3. SlugDad (Bill)?
4. FuzzyNugs?
5. foul plug?

-Blake

bdarling screwed with this post 04-26-2012 at 09:41 AM
bdarling is offline   Reply With Quote