View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #47
Barance
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmark View Post
CHAOS, I'm in the same boat. I've ridden tens of thousands of miles on the Tarmac and finding the desire to explore the dirt roads stronger in recent years. I've taken the Harley down many jeep trails, and despite the thumbs up from the dual sport crowd I just don't think the ol' girl likes it, so I've been hunting for a GS as well and am anxious to hear what other folks are using for panniers!
For panniers I use Caribou cases (Storm/Pelican cases) mounted on Touratech racks. I have 36 litres now but have just ordered some 26 litres. Caibous are std Pelicans but with a few mods such as locks, lanyards for the opening lid and also stretchys inside to hold the gear in. I hope my 26 litres will arrive next week!

Also use a set of soft Wolfmans Tetons which are good for a small trip in drier weather.

Top box is also a caribou mounted on thier top rack and a Wolfman enduro tankbag. And a SW Motech Bags connection tent bag as a roll bag on the back seat if needed.

GS is excellent, love it, this is my 4th adventure bike and this one is the best !
Barance is offline   Reply With Quote