Thread: Peaklife GPS
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #18
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normlas View Post
I did get the garmin XT version working on this unit but it was a huge mission, requires software port-emulators and some scripting and although it worked in the end, it doesn't work well and I don't recommend it on this unit.
I also got tomtom to work on this unit which was much easier to get working but also won't let me import tracks or any kind of route file.
Again, if you find something that works, do let me know!
it seems you can import a custom gps route into igo8 (click here) or igo primo (click here).

it has to be a kml file, so either draw the route in google maps and export, or just convert an existing gpx file with one of the many converters around (a free online one here).

the above threads say you just need to make the following folders on your SD card and drop the kml file in.

\iGO8\CONTENT\USERDATA\ROUTE
or
/primo/content/userdata/route

what puzzles me is why the file structure for the igo8 is uppercase, but lower case for the igo primo. maybe it doesn't matter?

in any case, once you turn the gps on it should automatically import the route. then you can save the route, and the gps will then convert it to a .dat file and save for future use.