View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #98
_cy_ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
Are you being facetious about the construction? I'm sure it works but it looks like something put together in a r.c. enthusiast's garage.
Nope... dead serious... SYCL 2.3AH is hand made of the highest quality components. very NICE beefy silicon wires, easily instrument grade. looking forward to seeing how this pack will perform.

on another topic...lucked out and located a 14.5V voltage regulator on the shelf for R80G/S from Motorrad Elektrik maker of the high output Omega alternator system for BMW airheads (installed on R80G/S). hopefully output voltage will solve low charge issue with regulator set 13.8-14.2 for lead acid.

optimizing your charging system to mate with li-ion battery will insure a fully charged battery those cold weather starts. which leads to another topic of necessity of purchasing an intelligent charger with balancing capabilities.

will be covering in more detail on how charging systems works on our motorcycles. And just as important what type of battery charger is needed to keep your li-ion battery balanced.

here's what en-route ... this state of the art charger will allow me to charge at 40amps. more importantly will allow precision high amp discharge tests.

FMA PowerLab 8 v2
High-power 1344 watt, 40 amp charger for 1S-8S Lipo packs. with JST-XH & ThunderPower balance board! USB cable to transfer data to my laptop.
http://www.progressiverc.com/fma-powerlab-8.html

this 0-40V 70 ADC beast of a power supply will be powering above

_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote