View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
K1W1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,462
RL 250 information.

This site - All Suzukis Ever Built is a great resource for brochures and other official information.

This thread on the Trials Australia web site forum contains a lot of information about a RL250 road legal rebuild. Unfortunately most of the pictures are no longer there but there are some videos. It may be worthwhile trying to get in contact with "Westy" directly.

As far as photos of bikes with the battery there was a brochure available in New Zealand and Australia that featured the road legal version with shots of the battery but I can't at this stage find any.

My personal road legal RL did not have a battery at all. From memory there was a simple lights on/off toggle switch on the left side headlight bracket from the forks with a two position high/low switch on the left handlebar. The horn was a simple rubber squeezy horn on the handlebar (legal then) and the brake light I think only came off the front brake using a standard TS front brake switch.
The rear taillight was a quite neat arrangement. We found a small rear rack off another bike and modified it so it mounted off the top shock mounts. We then made a bracket and screwed the number plate and tail light (a small unit designed for a trailer) directly to the rack. When I entered in events it was just a case of disconnecting the wires removing the rack.
K1W1 is offline   Reply With Quote