View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #21
WoodButcher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,012
I'm about a step away from getting my ipad and garmin working together the way I'd like. I have MotionX GPS HD and it will open .gpx files. I've been putting them in dropbox and using that to launch MotionX and it works fine. It turns the routes in the gpx file to tracks since that is all it works with. The problem was there was no way to go straight from the gps to the ipad, or even by putting the sd card from the gps in the sd adapter on the ipad because of IOS limitations. So I jailbroke the ipad and loaded an app called ifile. Now I can see all the files that MotionX has stored (.gpx) and can read all files on the sd cards in the adapter and can view them in MotionX. So that gets to where I can pull stuff from the gps to view in a larger map set up, but I don't have a way to create routes and save them as .gpx files yet. So I've still got to find the right app to create and save on the ipad to make this totally useful.

I think an android tablet is probably in my future though. Unless someone has found an app for the ipad that will edit and save routes and tracks.

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure
1999 DR650
WoodButcher is offline   Reply With Quote