View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #8
shinbone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, your first 2 are not familiar to me. In the south we like the catfish hotpots. I'm not a big fan of catfish in practice but in this particular setting I find it quite tasty. I'll try to post some hot pot pics later.

Keep em coming folks. Don't be afraid to post pics.
On our 16 day ride, one of the days we took a break in Sapa. I randomly asked the hotel owner behind the counter if she knew of anything like a cooking clinic or class, and she offered for her niece to show us out of kindness. I was completely floored. She took us to the market to buy all the ingredients to make sweet and sour hotpot, everyone in the group pitched in to buy the ingredients. Then back at the hotel kitchen, she and her staff had us all huddle around as we watch and listen to the methods and instruction with what to do with all the ingredients. It was probably our best meal of the entire trip as a group.

Here are some photos courtesy of Taka, on of my buddies on the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madefrtv View Post
Im following this thread. I love what I know of Vietnamese food. Little Saigon here in Seattle is full of inexpensive and amazing food. It makes me want to visot and ride there.
Do it. Its not expensive. Go for the ride, the scenery, the culture and people, and the food.
shinbone is offline   Reply With Quote