View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #785
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
can anyone tell us how the upper end spidi jackets compare to the same priced revit jackets? i really like the looks of the spidi stuff but would prefer not to buy a jacket that would last only a year or 2. i have a 2nd gen fg rainier jacket now that is pretty bullet proof. the problem is the way the neck fits (or doesn't) and it is not warm. tell me something good. i like the marathon h2out.
Hey Dadsafrantic,
I'm very impressed with the Spidi textile collection, and in all honesty, they've been doing adventure textiles longer than REV'IT! The Marathon is a badass jacket, but you aren't getting the benefit of Gore-Tex like you do in the higher end REV'IT! products. I would say both the REV'IT! Sand and Defender will breathe better with their large mesh panels, which the Marathon does not have. The Marathon does give you the option of a chest protector, which is not an option in any REV'IT! jacket.
Kinda sounds like we need to start a new thread just for Spidi products, as their new collection is getting a lot of attention.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote