View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #52
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,772
Nice report RTT.

I have one on order. There were two vendors selling them at the IMS in Charlotte this weekend. My read is that it runs maybe a quarter size larger than the Multitec, which runs larger by nearly a full size than the Syncrotec before it. For reference, since the RF-1000 and the Multi, I can wear a Shoei Large. The Neo large fits like a partially broken in Multi large, so it should still be fine when broken in. Ear ports are slightly smaller. The distance to the chin bar is a good bit farther. Overall shape seems the same. Very plush.

I have previously tried on the C3, and found it harshly finished inside, and less comfortable than the Multitec. I tried on a Nolan N104 this weekend, and couldn't get it off fast enough. A large is probably 3/4 size smaller than the NT or MT. There is more bottom-to-top taper in the EPS liner, which felt like it squeezed the top of my head. The liner fabric is coarsely textured, which I found uncomfortable. The chin bar is closer to your face than either of the Shoeis. I wanted to like the N104, even though the shell is polycarbonate, but it wasn't happenin' for me. YMMV.

HTH; more when I actually get mine and get a chance to ride in it.
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote