View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #823
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,068
Lunch Ride

I work from home occasionally. When I'm lucky, the weather is good and I get time for lunch. Today was one of those days. I cleared some sticker bushes recently and today was the first time I got to play in that little spot. The picture below shows one little turn I was fiddling with. The "section" started in the lower right, coming over the log to the left of the skinny tree. The log is just high enough to bump the skidplate. The tree forces you to lean the bike more left than you would want to to clear the bars. You then have to move right to get around the next skinny tree before making a full lock left up through the rotted remnants of a log. It is very greasy/slippery there. The big leaning tree at the top left again forces you to lean further left sooner than you would like to get the bar under it. It makes getting traction tricky. For scale, it's about a bike length from the log at the start to the dark slippery spot at the start of the left turn.

I tried this little deal ~20 times and wasn't able to pull it off. For the first 5-8 or so I didn't think I'd ever get it. Then the ground started to pack down and form a little berm which helped and it finally clicked. From then on it was easy. Funny how that works. It's also funny how easy it looks in the picture...

motojunky screwed with this post 02-28-2012 at 05:47 PM
motojunky is online now   Reply With Quote