View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
mark883 OP
Holding up Michoagán

Oddometer: 1,582
All things Sprinter (Mercedes, Dodge, Freightliner)

As a wild idea, with older Sprinters becoming slightly more affordable, and more inmates acquiring one (if you have the means, I highly recommend one), I thought I'd kick off a Sprinter thread. Mainly, to keep us from crapping into the middle of Geek's fine 'Building an Adventure Van' thread.

So, to kick it off, here's a pic of my Sprinter (bought thru advrider, ironikally), committing a high sin, in the eyes of some BMW riders.

As far as I'm concerned, Sprinters (Vans in general) do have a place in adventuring.
Let's say you're taking an adventure ride deep into Mexico with some buddies from Texas, in late October. If you're from the say near Toledo, Ohio, its entirely possible that your weather looks like this:

Taken at noon near Indy, it was cold (40*), windy (25 mph), and raining as well. Driving a Sprinter in high winds is an adventure in itself, but not really that bad. Plus, I found it easily cut one day off my trip to Texas. This is like fast forward on a VCR- you get to the good stuff quicker. And, 24 mpg average over the trip isn't too bad. Once properly set up, I won't have to find a hotel room, either. The protection from crazy interstate drivers is nice too.

So, if you've ever done this to your Sprinter:

because of this, in your Sprinter:

maybe, this thread is for you. Or, at least you can whine about it, and we'll maybe give you a shoulder to cry on.

Nah. Fat Chance.

WARNING: Everyone will want to borrow your van. Or get you to 'help' them while they borrow your van.

mark883 screwed with this post 03-05-2012 at 07:51 AM Reason: mas info
mark883 is offline   Reply With Quote