View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 02:32 AM   #21
BMWzenrider
The Road Scholar

Oddometer: 1,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoJ View Post
Including headlight ears for an old airhead would double or triple the price if they were new. It's just not feasible.
Get yourself a Dremel for $45 and a cut-off attachment for another $8, scribe the top of the ears as described, clamp them down, and take your time cutting. Clean up with a sharp file. I just installed my new TT brace the other weekend. It took an afternoon, operating at a relaxed pace. Just be methodical and you won't have any problems!
I did not get the impression that the previous poster was asking for pre-trimmed headlight ears to be included with the brace.
What I read was that they were hoping for something with a bit better step-by-step directions on what exactly needs to be done in order to complete the install.

btw -gfx, thanks for the kudos on the EnDuraLast instructions. It had been a while since I had done a tech. manual when I put those together for John, and my camera "model" was a pretty ugly bike that I had been riding year-round in Wisconsin with winter road salt for years, so I personally thought that there was some room for improvement on some of the photos.
2002 BMW R1150RA
In Memoriam: Harley, 1993-2010 You will be missed.
BMWzenrider is offline   Reply With Quote