View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 06:04 AM   #6
ggamster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
KX100 Woods Bike Build

Ok, so I have my mind made up. I will be building up a 2012 Kawasaki KX100 Woods Bike. My goal is to have a very light weight, short wheel base, and good usable power trail bike. I will never race this bike. it is purely for getting out and having fun. I am buying a new bike and all of the parts right off the bat. I don't want a project the last for years and I don't want someones old screw up. I know I maybe ridiculed for doing this to a brand new bike, but consider this. A new Husky TE250 is around $7000 and I don't like the bike that much. I ride very tight single track in rocky, sometimes muddy conditions so I want the short and light. So I figure $3500 for a new KX100 plus $1500 in parts will equal $5000 spent on exactly what I want. This puts me $2000 under the closest bike for my riding style. I will be documenting the build up for my 6'1" 190lbs stature. This should be fun. I get the bike today and the parts over the next two weeks. The springs are custom so they will be the biggest hold up.

Once I remember how to post pics I will do so.
ggamster is offline   Reply With Quote