View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #132
JoelWisman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,392
_CY_ I am following your thread and will pipe up any time I have something to add or a question, such as, WOW, this battery is only 6 months old, how did it get in such an imbalanced condition?

Also I love that your riding an R80GS! Between you, me, and 10,000 ADV members, I think the R80GS was the best air cooled GS ever. The 100 was a step back, the 1150 a claw foot bathtub on wheels, and the 1200 a fat pig, elegant on super slab, surprisingly good on the twisties, and like any other pig, likes to wallow on it's side in the mud.

Nice :) I couldn't say things like that while I worked for BMW

It is also pretty easy on the amps draw being low displacement, low compression and very smooth for a 2 banger compared to the downright buzzy F800.

The thread I started is to answer specific charging system and battery questions relevant to the F8 for an adventurer that is a personal hero and sent me his Shorai, but as I said. I'll post here when the question is generic.
Owned to date. Honda Aero 50, Honda Elite 80, Honda Elite 250x2, Suzuki Katana, Suzuki RF600, Yamaha YZF1000R, Kymco Xciting 500, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki Burgman 650, BMW F800GSx2, BMW S1000RR, Aprilia Scarabeo 200, Aprilia Caponord, Aprilia Sportcity 250
I love and miss you Jeneca and I'm sorry.
JoelWisman is offline   Reply With Quote