View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #788
Suter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Question Tornado liners

Hi guys,

I have a question about Tornado liners.

I'm looking for jacket and pants set for 3-season riding that would be waterproof in case of unexpected rain. Tornados are suppose to be waterproof and insulating so that you stay dry in rain and warm on colder days. But how is the liner doing (or you in the liner) on hot day in a rain?

I live in Connecticut, just by NYC, and it gets pretty hot and humid in the summer (Tornado's mesh would be great in here). But will this liner be too hot for a humid hot day when it's raining? I'm not commuting on the bike, so it might happen only few times a year, but I'd like to have a waterproof something (like a inside liner) in my topcase in case of a rain. My concern is I don't want to be wet outside from the rain and inside from sweating.

Would something that has separate liners be better for my expectations? I'd imagine that all waterproof liners don't flow any air (except maybe Gore-Tex for some extent), but is the insulating part very noticeable in hot weather rain?

I want to replace my A-stars Stage and my wide's A-stars Stella jackets with Rev'it textiles this year as those leather jackets didn't work for us. They are too hot in summer (even perforated Stage one) and not warm at all in early spring, late fall.

Last year I got a set of Shoei helmets and Rev'it gloves from Revzilla for both of us. Great costumer service :)

Thanks,
Suter
Suter is offline   Reply With Quote