View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #790
Suter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
Hi Sutter,
Last summer, when I was still living in NYC and commuting daily in BQE traffic, I found my Tornado pants to be great liners out, not great liners in. The light insulation is definitely a barrier to hot rainy weather. It does work great for cool mornings or riding in Spring and Fall. Humid weather is a tough climate to ride in comfortably, especially when you aren't getting airflow. I might suggest for your riding scenario, you take a look at the new REV'IT! Airwave Jacket and Pants combination (there's also a ladies version) and pick up something like the REV'IT! Cyclone jacket and Acid pants for rainy weather.
We could probably start a whole new thread on having waterproofing on the outside versus using a waterproof liner under your protective gear, but I'll leave it at they both have their advantages and disadvantages.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have additional questions about the REV'IT! collection, as I am very familiar with their product line.
Cheers,
Ali
TeamZilla
Thanks for the response, Ali.

I'm actually looking for something with a liner for spring/fall and mesh for summer riding so Tornado would be a better fit for me than Airflow, which is just summer jacket.

What I wanted to know is if I needed a separate rain gear instead of Tornado's liner for summer rainy days.

Thanks a lot,
Suter
Suter is offline   Reply With Quote