View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #92
Cannonshot OP
Having a Nice Time

Oddometer: 19,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6253 View Post
Yeah! Another CannonRide! I've been too busy lately to stay up to date with RRs. I check back in to find I've fallen behind another Cannonshot lesson by 6 pages.
Hi Dave! Thanks for checking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomose View Post
The corral and pictures remind me of the TV show "High Chapparal". My wife and I have ridden Big Bend NP, but have not been to BBRSP. We may have to try some of that. Thanks for the tour.
I really liked BBRSP so I decided to stay an extra night. I that think there are 2 - 3 days riding on the roads and primitive roads in the park.

There was a DS group there for a four day weekend (probably 2.5 days riding) when I arrived.

In my opinion there is a greater quantity of more challenging paths in BBRSP than there is in the BBNP. But I wouldn't say one location is better than the other as they each have their own attraction.

I really liked the bunkhouse set-up. For a while it was just a guy photographing plants and I staying there. Very quiet, very comfortable, very convenient.

I have another loop in BBRSP that I will cover and a long loop that I rode while I was based in BBRSP that runs along the Rio Grande going west and comes back via Pinto Canyon.

Counting the 319 mile Chispa-Pinto route outside the park that I will cover next, one could easily fill three full days of riding based out of BBRSP.

I'm sure there are others that have more experience there than I do that could offer some insight further down the line as well.

Cannonshot screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 10:14 PM
Cannonshot is offline   Reply With Quote