View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 03:51 AM   #31
Boondox
Travels With Barley

Oddometer: 2,941
RidingDonkeys -- Looks like an elegant solution.

I'm really torn on this one, and I think in the end all of us are making educated guesses on what is best for our dogs. I remember a relatively minor accident several years ago in which the back hatch of a lady's SUV was sprung on impact and her four goldens bailed out in panic...right into Interstate traffic. All four were hit and killed.

That's my personal nightmare scenario, and personally I think if Barley survived an impact I'd rather he stayed with the wreck until I or a good samaritan could reach him.

He's also a hunting dog. Every time a rabbit or squirrel crosses the road in front of us he lunges, then turns to me with that imploring look, "Shoot it, Dad! SHOOT IT!"

I think he's safer the way I have him.
I got a sidecar to travel with my dog. He never complains, is delighted to be with me, approves of my dietary choices, is a social butterfly who helps me meet folks, appreciates a good beer, snuggles better than my wife, and hangs on my every word as if it's the most profound thing he's ever heard. TravelsWithBarley.com
Boondox is online now   Reply With Quote