View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #75
ride4321 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
Finally found someone that knows how to ride dirt that would let me tag along. Sad part is his DRZ is for sale and he's not replacing it but buying a snowmobile. He's a hell of a rider on his bigass Harley and knows his shit on trails too. I have to make sure the DRZ doesn't sell somehow
First we hit a power line trail. Dumped the DR 3-4 times there. I suck at trail riding and am a n00b so I'm cool with dumping it. Glad he was around to help me out of a few bad situations.

The DR got a new IMS tank this week...check it out...

powerline trail, muddier and ruttier than it looks in the pics, trust me...

washed out section from last falls flooding...

DRZ for sale $2600, PM me if you're interested, it's on Binghamton NY CL. Please don't buy it

Taking a break. I'd dropped the bike 4 times I think in the first hour.

Then my buddy showed me river trails I didn't even know existed...1 mile from my house! Thanks Al, I can get plenty of practice here whenever I want. Don't buy his DRZ

trust me, none of todays riding was as dry as these pics appear. Very muddy and slick.

a better image of the conditions...

trying to avoid a small hill climb I came to a deadend in this crap, did the hill...

What a workout. I'm sooooo out of shape. Today was a good experience and I learned a lot. Expect to see more pics from the river section. I didn't drop it once there and had plenty of gooey crap to go through so I guess I learned a little today.

Here's a few more pics from my mentor today.

Catching my breath...

BTW, that DRZ is a nice bike and well taken care of. I think it's an 02. I hate to see him get rid of it but it's a good running machine if anyone nearby is interested...did I just say that?

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits

ride4321 screwed with this post 03-12-2012 at 09:48 AM
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote